Donor-advised funds (DAF) are the fastest growing charitable giving vehicle in the United States because they are one of the easiest and most tax-advantageous ways to give to a nonprofit. When you contribute cash, securities or other assets to a donor-advised fund at a public nonprofit like Eversight, you are generally eligible to take an immediate tax deduction. Those funds can be invested for tax-free growth and you can recommend grants to Eversight or other IRS-qualified public nonprofits.
You can use the DAF Direct tool to make a contribution through your DAF at Fidelity, Schwab or BNY Mellon
Eversight accepts gifts from all DAF platforms. To make a gift, provide your name, your address and Eversight's EIN 38-2117115, along with the amount and the nature of the support (e.g., annual gift) to the sponsoring organization that manages your fund. Instruct them to include your name and address on the check so we can provide the required receipt needed for your tax filing.
How does a donor-advised fund work?
- To establish the fund, an individual makes an irrevocable tax-deductible contribution (cash, stock, real estate, etc.) to a sponsoring organization, such as a community foundation or financial institution. Individuals receive a tax receipt and tax benefits when funds are deposited into their DAF.
- The DAF sponsoring organization oversees those funds as they grow tax free.
- The assets within the fund now legally belong to the sponsoring organization but the DAF account holder retains advisory privileges over disbursements made from the DAF and the investment strategy.
- DAF account holders can recommend single or recurring donations to charitable organizations. Funds in a DAF can only be used to support organizations that are tax-exempt 501(c)(3) and classified as public charities under 509(a).
- Once the DAF sponsoring organization approves, the recommended donation is made to the qualified charitable organization, such as Eversight.
Help create a world without blindness by giving to Eversight through your donor-advised fund.
Work directly with your sponsoring organization
Please make checks payable to:
PO Box 778801
Chicago, IL 60677-8807
In order to acknowledge your generous gift, please provide your name and/or fund name and address.