Your gift helps us to overcome the financial challenges brought on by COVID-19 and continue to provide the gift of sight to people in need.
We support our surgeons, healthcare providers and so many others who are coping with the impact of COVID-19. The crisis has severely affected Eversight as well, and we need your help.
About giving to Eversight
Since March 18, when the American Academy of Ophthalmology suspended corneal transplants in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands of people have been forced to endure this crisis with failing eyesight and blindness.
The three-month restriction on surgeries also had a severe financial impact on Eversight.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we operate on a disciplined and narrow margin. Recovering, preparing and providing corneal tissue for U.S. transplants accounts for 94% of our operating revenue. In the end, we are projecting a $6 million loss this year.
We have implemented numerous cost-saving measures and remain fully engaged in pursuing grants, loans and federal support.
Our goal is to keep our staff safe and employed, with benefits, while protecting our financial viability.
Please consider a gift to Eversight as your situation allows. Whether it's $5 or $50, you can help us continue to provide the gift of sight to people in need.
There are multiple ways you can provide hope for our future:
- Make a gift as your situation allows. Whether it's $5 or $500, every gift means the world to us.
- Share our cause with your family and friends through a Facebook fundraiser.
- Become a Sustainer for Sight to commit monthly support at any level.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 247-7250, ext. 2616. if you have questions about how you can help.
Thank you. Your generous support will help ensure we emerge from this extraordinary time, together.
P.S. You may be eligible for a tax deduction of up to $300, in addition to the standard deduction, under the new CARES Act. Please check with your tax advisor on how this applies to you. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Eversight relies on tax-deductible gifts to advance the work we are entrusted to do. We’re pleased to have earned a GuideStar 2019 Platinum Seal of Transparency for communicating and demonstrating the progress we make.
We are glad to recognize honorary and memorial gifts in tribute to individuals you admire or remember. Simply include this information when you give using our secure online giving form.
Your company may be able to double your impact—be sure to provide your employer’s name. Employer matching programs can double or triple your donation, and some companies match gifts for spouses, retirees and board members as well.
You can also:
- Make a multi-year pledge.
- Donate appreciated stocks.
- Give through a donor-advised fund (DAF). Contact your financial institution or advisor to easily set this up.
- Make a planned gift. This can be a bequest, retirement assets or life insurance beneficiary designation, charitable gift annuity or remainder trust income, or other gift of interest to you.
- Make a tax and penalty-free contribution via a qualified distribution through your IRA, subject to IRS requirements.
Our greatest need for support through this COVID-19 crisis is support for our everyday operations. However, you can still direct giving to other areas of need through our 2020 Vision Campaign.
Our Philanthropy team can review details and options based on your interest. Contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 247-7250, ext. 2616.