Partnering with Eversight
Our goal is to change as many lives as possible through donation, transplantation and research.
Organ procurement organizations are leading partners in this mission.
Eversight is a 501(c)(3) community-based network of eye banks serving Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan, northeast Ohio and New Jersey—as well as east Asia through our location in Seoul, South Korea—and surgeons in more than 25 other countries.
Our first nonprofit eye bank was established in 1947. Since then, we have worked closely with donor families, referring hospitals and agencies, funeral service professionals, coroners/medical examiners and transplant surgeons in our communities to maximize every opportunity for sight-restoring donation.
The need for donated cornea tissues in Eversight’s domestic and international networks is extensive. It provides opportunity for partnership with your OPO.
- Through our operational partnerships with Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network, Gift of Life Michigan, New England Donor Services, NJ Sharing Network and Lifebanc, Eversight has developed the systems, staffing and business processes that optimize donation across our shared service areas.
- We have established collaborative integrations aligned with each OPO’s specific referral, screening, recovery and placement processes and partner requirements.
- Our comprehensive quality and data systems and analyses provide the information and outcomes our partners need.
- Our longevity, infrastructure, staffing and scale across multiple service regions uniquely enable us to provide reliable, consistent support and sustainable reimbursement for our OPO partners.
Eversight is an experienced OPO partner
Average eye tissues recovered annually
Average referrals taken annually
Average tissues placed weekly (U.S. and international)
Consistently increasing imports
Since October 2020
We are committed to OPO partners and our shared mission impact. Eversight offers:
- Seamless donor screening & evaluation
Our processes are designed for integration and seamless flow with our OPO partners.
- Comprehensive quality assurance
Our detailed checks and processes provide your team with comprehensive information when you need it.
- Sustainable reimbursement rates
Through our scale as a large, diversified community-based eye bank network, we can provide sustainably consistent reimbursement rates to our OPO partners.
- Knowledgeable staff dedicated to your team
Our staff dedicated to each OPO partner are specifically trained and knowledgeable regarding your OPO’s needs, processes and preferences.
- Training and technical assistance
For OPO partners that choose to assume one or more components of eye-only donation—from screening to recovery to placement—we provide tailored training and technical assistance.
1. Evaluation & Placement Partnership
Eversight can provide evaluation and placement with no additional functionality required of your OPO if your team recovers eye-only cases and you have identified:
- Unmet potential for increased eye/tissue donation in your designated service area
- Capacity to screen and recover more tissues and eye-only cases
Our robust data systems and reporting ensure that we provide you with regular information on tissue outcomes and surgical use, recovery technician quality measures, trending and areas of opportunity, all at the level of detail and frequency your OPO requests. Tailored training is available as requested.
2. Shared Recovery Partnership
Eversight can provide staffing for eye-only cases that your OPO does not recover, with minimal new requirements for your team. This may be ideal if your OPO has identified:
- Unmet potential for increased eye/tissue donation
- Capacity to screen more tissues and eye-only cases
- Capacity to recover more tissue but not eye-only cases
3. Direct Referral Management Partnership
This partnership maximizes the opportunity for donation for all individuals and families within your service area, when your OPO directs eye-only referrals directly to Eversight because you have identified:
- Unmet potential for increased eye donation
- The desire or need for an eye bank partner to screen, recover and manage all aspects of eye-only cases
Our long history and reputation working with hospitals and referral sources, families, funeral homes, medical examiners/coroners and all stakeholders in the donation process provides you with confidence in Eversight’s management of these referrals.
4. Import Partnership
Your OPO may already screen, approach, recover and evaluate eye-only cases—and simply seek additional placements for your recovered eye tissue at sustainable reimbursement. Eversight can provide this for you, in a mutually beneficial partnership.
Upon request, Eversight can also help you advance your eye banking functions through consultation, technical assistance, training or other services that may benefit your team and operations providing for eye-only cases.