Coordinator I, Donation Support; Ann Arbor, Mich.
Salary Range: $19.00 to 20.00 hourly
Our Culture Story: Imagine you’re unable to see the sky or bright sunny day. Imagine you’re unable to see a loved one’s eyes as they smile. You can’t see their face as they call your name, or your own face in the mirror as you start each day. This is what life is like for millions of people coping with blindness.
Now imagine your eyesight is restored. You can suddenly see all the color and sights of the world around you. Your life is transformed. This is the power of eye donation, transplantation and research. This is what each of us at Eversight makes possible every day. For more than 75 years, Eversight has enabled donors and their families to give the gift of sight.
The Donation Support Coordinator role is responsible for being the first point of contact for eye donor referrals. With moderate supervision, performs the intake of referrals, screening of donor information for transplant or research suitability, communication with next-of-kin, and the coordination of eye tissue recovery and tissue transportation. This position is responsible for determining donor eye tissue eligibility based on Eversight and EBAA Medical Standards and in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
Hours: 6pm – 6:30am
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates the recovery of donated human eye tissue with other procurement agencies, hospitals, medical examiners/coroners and funeral homes.
- Dispatches technicians to perform recoveries.
- Screens medical/social/behavioral history to determine donor eligibility. Contacts medical professionals for donor medical or ophthalmic history, and other follow-up as necessary.
- Approaches next-of-kin to conduct interviews and obtain authorizations.
- Provides accurate and detailed information regarding donor history to staff via systems and written and verbal communications.
- Handles all donor-related information in a confidential, professional manner.
- Maintains professional relationships with physicians, physician staff, hospital/surgical center staff, peers, other eye banks, and other agencies.
- Serves as the back-up to field after-hours telephone calls for any departments within the Eversight organization.
- Provides weekend coverage and work on-call shifts as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Values of Eversight.
- Other Duties: New tasks, duties and responsibilities may be added at any time, with or without notice to the employee. This job description is not intended to cover or describe all of the tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to or asked to perform.
Education: Undergraduate studies in related field preferred.
Experience: Experience in medical field preferred.
Skills: The ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with those in various emotional states. Effective planning and execution of complex tasks. Ability to interact professionally with peers and healthcare staff.
- Medical, dental and vision
- 403b retirement plan with a generous company match
- Hybrid work schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave & more!
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. Routine use of computer, phone and fax. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible. Availability to work a day shift, flexible on which day of the week as the Donation Support Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Manager or Director.Apply Now