Eversight, a 501(c)3 charitable organization established in Chicago in 1947, is the largest nonprofit eye bank network. We work with the families of those who donate the gift of sight, and with surgeons and researchers to ensure safe, successful sight-restoring transplants for more than 8,000 people every year—and as well as research to one day end preventable blindness.
We have openings on our Illinois Auxiliary Board!
- Are Chicago-area professionals ages 23-40
- Raise funds to benefit corneal transplantation and research through Eversight
- Organize and host an annual auxiliary fundraiser—our past venues include Joy District, BIG & littles, HVAC Pub and Happy Camper
- Organize and host ongoing initiatives and fundraisers such as “sweatworking” events, after-hours and other creative events that do good and raise charitable support for Eversight
- Attend regular committee meetings (typically monthly)
- Participate in all board-related initiatives and activities
- Bring 10 or more friends and guests to the annual fundraiser and events
- Choose and work in a selected focus area, such as logistics, recruitment or event publicity
Ready to learn more about how you can make a difference? Reach out today!
Eversight partners with individuals, surgeons and researchers, academic medical centers, advocates and communities around the world to change lives by providing new hope and access to sight-restoring care. Our work to advance treatments of all blinding eye diseases includes:
- Recovering, evaluating and providing human eye tissue for transplantation
- Promoting donation awareness through public and professional education
- Supporting research into the causes and cures of blinding eye conditions
- Providing humanitarian aid to people around the world in need of sight-restoring therapies
Established in Chicago in 1947, we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that operates today in Illinois as well as Connecticut, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio and South Korea. Eversight relies on the generous support of people like you to make a difference.
Our vision is a world without blindness.
Blinding eye diseases affect 80 million Americans, who are unable to see loved ones, drive to work or read the newspaper. Vision loss results in an annual economic impact of $51.4 billion.
Globally, an estimated 285 million people are visually impaired—many with preventable conditions but without access to treatment due to insufficient eye tissue donation and inadequate vision health infrastructures.
All this can change.
Eversight is a thriving and mission-focused organization energized and engaged by the purposeful work we undertake.
Join us in creating a world without blindness!