Specialist, Facilities Management; Ann Arbor, Mich.
Mission: Eversight’s mission is to restore sight and prevent blindness through the healing power of donation, transplantation and research.
Our Culture Story: Imagine you’re unable to see a loved one’s eyes as they smile. You can’t see their face as they call your name, or your own face in the mirror as you start each day. This is what life is like for millions of people coping with vision loss.
Now, imagine your eyesight is restored. You can suddenly see all the color and sights of the world around you. Your life is transformed. This is the power of eye donation, corneal transplantation and vision research. This is what Eversight team members make possible every day.
For more than 75 years, Eversight has enabled donors and their families to give the gift of sight. We ensure that their gifts transform the lives of those suffering from blindness, and advance new treatments and cures for blindness.
The Specialist, Facilities Management is responsible for sourcing office and supply vendors to get the best pricing and services. This position is responsible for coordinating maintenance, repair, and capital improvements activities in Eversight facilities.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Hybrid schedule (2 days in-office per week)
Five 8-hour shifts OR four 10-hour shifts per week (M-F)
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain a standardized product and vendor list to be used across Eversight. Gather vendor bids, negotiate pricing, set up and maintain accounts.
- Manage GPO memberships to maximize available discounts for all work groups.
- Develop, implement, and maintain best practice purchasing procedures for Eversight and vendors.
- Schedule and coordinate facilities maintenance and repair tasks, including janitorial, general maintenance, skilled trades and others.
- Maintain physical inventory of fixed assets and tagged equipment. Generate and provide inventory reporting as required.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with special facilities projects, including relocations and renovations as well as serve as back-up during absences.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential, professional manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Values of Eversight.
- Other Duties: New tasks, duties and responsibilities may be added at any time, with or without notice to the employee. This job description is not intended to cover or describe all of the tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to or asked to perform.
Education: Some undergraduate studies preferred.
Experience: Facilities management and or sourcing experience preferred.
Skills: Computer, negotiation communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to redirect energy to new projects quickly, manage and prioritize multiple tasks at one time in a calm and professional manner.
Knowledge: Resourceful, able to troubleshoot problems and work independently, use of good judgment. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave & more
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, bend, stoop, twist, lift and stand. Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required. Routine use of computer. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible. Use of personal vehicle may be required for travel to and from Eversight’s physical office locations (Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL.; Cleveland, OH; Clark, NJ).
The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position reports to Manager or Director