Specialist, Clinical Education and Training; Ann Arbor, Mich. | Chicago, Ill.
Salary Range: $46,000 To $62,000 annually
Mission: Eversight’s mission is to restore sight and prevent blindness through the healing power of donation, transplantation and research.
Our Culture Story: Imagine you’re unable to see a loved one’s eyes as they smile. You can’t see their face as they call your name, or your own face in the mirror as you start each day. This is what life is like for millions of people coping with vision loss.
Now, imagine your eyesight is restored. You can suddenly see all the color and sights of the world around you. Your life is transformed. This is the power of eye donation, corneal transplantation and vision research. This is what Eversight team members make possible every day.
For more than 75 years, Eversight has enabled donors and their families to give the gift of sight. We ensure that their gifts transform the lives of those suffering from blindness, and advance new treatments and cures for blindness.
The Specialist, Clinical Education and Training is responsible for ensuring clinical employees are trained and educated on current and new processes, procedures, and policies in compliance with regulations. Develops, standardizes, publishes, updates and delivers clinical training programs.
Schedule: (4) days per week, 8am-6:30pm, Hybrid work model.
Fair Labor Standards Act status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuously develops custom training programs including LMS publishing and testing and participates in annual competency assessment requirements.
- Coordinates, continually develops, and delivers training for clinical staff including new hires, existing staff and individuals who require one-on-one assistance.
- Creates training plans and timelines for clinical employees according to needs and standards.
- Assists with facilitating competency assessments for clinical staff in accordance with policies and procedures and associated regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluates, provides feedback, and reports learning progress of clinical employees during training, post training, and during annual competency assessments.
- Provides support to the training and retraining components of employee Performance Improvement Plans and continuing education training plans.
- Standardizes training strategy and training content for clinical functions among designated trainers at all locations.
- Coordinates intradepartmental and interdepartmental in-service opportunities as requested, and provides continuing education on clinical topics for diverse audiences as needed.
- Regularly reviews and revises orientation and training materials, as well as provides input into updates for clinical policy and procedures.
- Stays abreast of related policy, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc, as needed.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Values of Eversight.
- Other Duties: New tasks, duties and responsibilities may be added at any time, with or without notice to the employee. This job description is not intended to cover or describe all of the tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to or asked to perform.
Experience: Experience in cornea tissue processing required. Experience with effective planning and execution of complex tasks. Experience developing and delivering training in a clinical setting preferred.
Skills: Ability to interact professionally with peers and healthcare personnel is essential.
Education: Undergraduate studies in related field.
Knowledge: Competence in MS Office and content editing. Valid drivers license.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Hybrid work model
- Generous paid time off
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave & more
Work environment and physical demands:
Work is primarily performed in a normal office or laboratory environment with potential exposure to communicable diseases or hazardous materials. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. Routine use of computer and phone. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible. Some travel required, including overnight travel, frequency varies from 0% to 50% of working hours per month. Use of own vehicle may be required when traveling within the service area.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply Now