Manager, Donor Eligibility; Ann Arbor, Mich.
Salary Range: $58,000 to $75,000 annually
Mission: Eversight’s mission is to restore sight and prevent blindness through the healing power of donation, transplantation and research.
Our Culture Story: Imagine you’re unable to see the sky or bright sunny day. Imagine you’re unable to see a loved one’s eyes as they smile. You can’t see their face as they call your name, or your own face in the mirror as you start each day. This is what life is like for millions of people coping with blindness.
Now imagine your eyesight is restored. You can suddenly see all the color and sights of the world around you. Your life is transformed. This is the power of eye donation, transplantation and research. This is what each of us at Eversight makes possible every day. For more than 75 years, Eversight has enabled donors and their families to give the gift of sight.
The Manager, Donor Eligibility is responsible for the day-to day management and oversight of the Donor Eligibility department in accordance with Eversight and EBAA Medical Standards and in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
Schedule: M-F with option to work (5) 8-hour shifts or (4) 10-hour shifts, weekend and on-call functions as needed. Hybrid with some mandatory in-office days.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all processes are conducted within the standards, policies, procedures and protocols established by Eversight and EBAA Medical Standards, as well as other regulatory agencies.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in all Donor Eligibility affiliated functions. Lead the development and implementation of new or revised processes.
- Track employee proficiency in meeting competency markers and conducts regular competency reviews.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal departments on in-service opportunities and serve as a resource and subject matter expert on these skills.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program by proactively identifying, testing and implementing process/outcome improvement opportunities.
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians, their staff, hospital/surgical center staff, peers, other eye banks, and other agencies.
- Prepare and manage department budget.
- Perform frontline department responsibilities as needed, including weekend and on-call functions.
- Assist in developing research protocols.
- Observe strict confidentiality of donor and recipient information.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Leads team effectively by demonstrating Eversight’s Frontline Leadership Competencies, and performs leadership activities of: performance management and coaching, training and development, expectation and priority setting, workflow management, hiring and retention, and corrective action.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Values of Eversight.
- Other Duties: New tasks, duties and responsibilities may be added at any time, with or without notice to the employee. This job description is not intended to cover or describe all of the tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to or asked to perform.
Education: Undergraduate studies in healthcare or related field preferred. Eye banking certification (CEBT) preferred or the ability to attain the certification.
Experience: Previous supervisory experience is required. Previous experience in the healthcare field is required.
Skills: Strong communication and organizational skill. Ability to effectively plan and execute complex tasks. Ability to interact professionally with peers and healthcare staff. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
Knowledge: Proficiency in MS Office. Valid driver’s license.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave & more
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. Routine use of computer, phone and fax. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply Now