Auxiliary Recovery Technician; Clark, N.J.
This position is responsible for performing human eye enucleations and/or in situ corneal excisions according to Eversight protocols, on a per diem basis. On-the-job training for eye tissue recovery procedures will be provided. Compensation is $100 per case, plus mileage.
This is a part-time position for Eversight in New Jersey. The work is generally done on the evening and/or night shifts and weekends.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively communicate with staff regarding recovery logistics and coordinate recovery with other organizations. Communicate with clinical staff regarding case statuses.
- Obtain and review hospital chart prior to recovery when available. Perform in situ human eye enucleations, corneal excisions, or other ocular tissue recoveries. Make appropriate procurement determinations based on donor, medical and body inspection information and complete required recovery documentation.
- Package and deliver transport container with eyes/corneas, blood samples and paperwork to designated area.
- Observe strict confidentiality of donor and recipient information.
- Complete a periodic competency assessment, at least annually.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by signing off on procedures and other informational updates.
- Night, weekend, holiday and on-call coverage as negotiated.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Values of Eversight.